Hello, and a warm welcome to you from Stephanie Finnan, Founder of FCC, whether you’re a student at secondary school, college or university.
The Fashion Careers Counsel is an advice service for anyone who wants to be a fashion designer. The reason we’ve launched is because I’ve had so much feedback from students and grads over the years, telling me that they don’t feel prepared for entering the industry, or they simply don’t know how to get into design.
Think of us as your insider guide into the industry!
We’re here to help with all of the following:
- How to find a fashion internship, even with no experience
- How to create a professional CV, cover letter and portfolio for internship applications or application to university
- How to network effectively, even if you’re still at school/college
- Advice on creating your own work experience whilst still at school/college
- How to choose the best fashion college or university
- What to expect at an interview (both for internships and getting into university) – and how to ace it
- How to get into fashion design, even if you don’t live near a major fashion Capital
- Choosing which area of design to get into after school or college/uni…
And much more!
OUR SERVICES & FREE CAREERS GUIDANCE FOR YOU
As we’d like as many people as possible to benefit from our advice, the FCC site includes huge amounts of FREE content for students. Visit the Advice section for ‘how to’ practical guides, and read our Interviews for insights into the industry from Creative Directors and professionals working for major brands, as well as learning from other students and grads on how they found their fashion internships, and what working in design is really like. We’ll be updating these sections regularly, so remember to check in for new articles each week.
If you have a general question about working in fashion design, CV/portfolio guidance, or on how to find internships, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll do our best to answer your query on the site.
We would love to hear from you! Whilst we already have many ideas for new advice articles and Industry Insider interviews lined up, please do let us know about the challenges you’re facing as a fashion design student or intern, so we can provide you with the most relevant news and content. If you’re a Teacher, Lecturer or Course Leader, please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have on behalf of your students, relating to careers in fashion, portfolio/CV presentation, internships/employment (if you’d like to organise a careers workshop or lecture, please let us know and we can discuss bespoke content and packages).
Email: email@example.comNo tags